Join My Fixed Trip Starting Date
Hidden trails of Urlatoarea Mountain, located on the Northern side of Ciucas Mountains, still offer the unique opportunity to discover wild unbeaten territories, enjoying their tranquility and fresh air; it is a land of shepheards, who lead their flocks through these stunning pastures hanged on the ridges of the mountains.
We will meet up in the morning in the car park, at the entrance to unpaved road leading to Urlatoarea waterfall. After a short introduction and equipment check, we’ll start our hike along the meadows of Plai. During the summer time, they are floded with wild flowers making the experience even better.
Soon, we will start working a little bit harder, through the forest, for getting some elevations. We’ll be rewarded for that with stunning panoramas, once we will reach the summits above Ciclau. From now on, our ascent to Dobromiru and Urlatoarea Mountain becomes easier, but surprising because of the views (sometimes, it is possible meeting black goats coming lower than usual).
Lunch break will be taken in the “balcony” that reveals the northern side of Ciucas massif, but also its lower neighbors (Dungu, Tesla, Gropsoarele, Tataru and Siriu).
In the afternoon, we will return to the vehicles following the same trail, with the possibility of making a bypass to Piatra Mitocului.
There will be plenty of time for longer breaks, for admiring the scenery and taking good pics.
GOOD (AND IMPORTANT) TO KNOW
- Length of the tour: around 18 km
- Difference of elevation: 880m
- Duration: about 6 hours
- For your safety, please read carefully Day Hike Checklist, and be sure that you have all your stuff prepared accordingly.
- Before booking your place it is VERY IMPORTANT to read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of my tours.
- If you need support for booking your accommodation, or advice for buying different pieces of equipment, please message me.